"The Monterey Historic - 2003"
A Countdown to History - Run, Tigers, Run!
By Staff and Team
Page 7: Le Mans Tiger No.9, ADU-180B
Owner/Entrant: Darrell Mountjoy
Home Town: Lake Forest, CA
Driver: Peter Procter
Home Town: Appletreewick, Skipton, North Yorkshire, England
Automobile Name: Le Mans Tiger No.9, ADU-180B
Competition Successes for Peter Procter:
- Peter Proctor,
North Yorkshire, England
- Member BRDC (British Racing Drivers Club)
- Le Mans in 1961 (1st Place in Thermal Efficiency Index), 1962, 1963 & 1964 (Lister Le Mans Tiger ADU 380B) ~ finished .
- Tour De France Auto ~ 1st Place in Ford Mustang.
- 1955 to 1958 ~ 500cc Formula 3 ~ several 1st, 2nd & 3rd places in various races.
- 1959 to 1963 ~ Formula Junior ~ more than 20 1st
- Places including Silverstone, Mallory Park, Oulton Park, Ireland Etc.
- Drove for Ken Tyrrell for two years.
- Drove Formula 2 for Lotus ~ 2nd Place in the Berlin, Grand Prix at Avus, 2nd Place in Vienna Grand Prix, 4th Place at Clermont Ferrand.1st Place in the 6hr Saloon-Car Championship at Brands Hatch.
- Several high places in European Saloon-Car Events in Mini & Lotus Cortina.
- Drove in over 30 International Rallies,
8 Monte Carlo, 8 RAC, 2 Acropolis, 5 Alpine, 4 Tour De France, 3 Tulip, 1 Liege-Rome-Liege & over 30 Nationals with several 1st Places.
- Before racing, I was a professional cyclist winning the British Road Race Championship in 1951.
- Rode for Great Britain in two World Championships, Tour Of Britian 14 Day Race, Warsaw Berlin Prague 14 Day Race, Route De France 14 Day Race, and won The King Of The Mountains in The Tour Of Britain.
- Drove once more into the breach with the same car I raced in 1964, Darrell Mountjoy's Le Mans Tiger No.9, ADU-180B at the 2002 Goodwood Revival and the Inaugural Le Mans Retrospective, covered by this linked article "The Long Way Home"
MOST CURRENT RACE PREP STATUS
|Anyone who would like to contribute to this effort should contact us at Editor E-Mail. Thank you.|